Teacher Training Program in Dance
Photo: Michael Slobodian / Dancers: Gabriel Robert and Audrey Thibodeau
Jointly offered by the École de danse contemporaine de Montréal and the École supérieure de ballet du Québec, in collaboration with the Cégep du Vieux Montréal, the Teacher Training Program in Classical or Contemporary Dance leads to an Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS). Consisting of a core curriculum with two training options (classical or contemporary dance), the program includes 720 course hours. Depending on their entry profile, graduates will be able to work in sports and leisure establishments or advanced training schools.
Two training options are available: Classical or Contemporary Dance.
Depending on the session, the program is offered part-time or full-time over one year (two 15-week terms followed by 90 hours of on-the-job training), for a total of 720 hours of training (330 hours of core curriculum and 390 hours of electives).
The Teacher Training Program in Classical or Contemporary Dance aims to develop the skills, abilities, knowledge and attitudes needed to teach dance. By including a significant number of hours of practice, it promotes the integration of practical know-how.
• Promotes the transfer of skills in the workplace through practical internships at the École supérieure de ballet du Québec, the École de danse contemporaine de Montréal and their partner schools.
• Allows DCS Dance Performance (561.B0) graduates to access a specialization and more job opportunities.
• Registration deadline: January 14
• From: January 24
• Until: May 20
• Vacation: March 14 to 18
NB : A minimum of participants is required to guarantee the classes. Please, fill the form as soon as possible.
To be admitted into the program, applicants must:
• Hold a Dance Performance (561.B0) DCS in Classical or Contemporary Dance or the equivalent OR a recognized experience in a recreative dance teaching context.
• Have sufficient knowledge of written and spoken French.
• More info on Cegep du Vieux Montreal website
For the contemporary option, please fill the online form no later than August 15 (Fall session) and in November 15 (Winter session).
This application must include:
• Letter of intent
• Letter of support from an employer or a dance teacher
• Secondary transcripts
• Birth certificate
Applicants who have not completed the DCS 561.B0 must send supporting documents in order to be granted equivalences.
For international students, we highly recommend to register before March 31, 2017 in order to guarantee to get a visa for the autumn session.
Upon acceptance into this program, other documents are required in order to finalize your admission.
2018-2019 rates (pages 3-4)
Medical insurances are mandatory.
If you require more information, please contact Karine Lelacheur Titley:
Email or 514 866-9814 extension 233