For the 10th edition of Project Fly, the creation laboratory dedicated to professional integration, choreographer Katia-Marie Germain is invited to collaborate with six dancers recently graduated from EDCM. This project allows young dancers to take part in a paid creative internship, led by professional choreographers. The laboratory will happen in Fall 2021 and will lead to a public presentation.
SPONSOR: Bell Canada
EDCM invites 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 graduates to register to the audition that will take place on June 12th, 2021*.
Deadline to register: May 14th at 5 p.m. by email
Paid project - 120 hours
• Audition in studio: June 12, 2021 (more info to come)
• Announcement of the final selection: June 15, 2021
• Creation in studio: starting October 25, 2021
• Creation schedule: Monday to Friday, 3 h/day (schedule to come)
• Run: November 26, December 1st and 3rd, 2021
• Dress rehersals: December 6-7, 2021
• Performances: December 8 to 11, 2021, Espace Orange - Édifice Wilder-Espace Danse
About Katia-Marie Germain
Katia-Marie Germain is a choreographer and performer with degrees in dance and visual arts. With finesse and precision, her choreographic work explores the relationship between movements, scenography and light. Driven by the desire to renew the perceptions, she creates environments that capture the gaze, inspiring wonder and contemplation. Since 2012, she has presented her works in various venues and festivals and has received support from artistic residencies in Belgium, Chile, France, and Italy. In 2018, following the presentation of Habiter, Katia-Marie won the Prix Découverte de la danse de Montréal, awarded to the previous year’s revelation in the dance community. This work also allowed the choreographer to spread its distribution in Canada and Europe, including at the prestigious Venice Biennale in Italy (2019).
About Fly: edcm.ca
* COVID-19: Please read the health mesures
Photo: Justine Latour