3 questions to Jose Navas
Three questions to choreographer José Navas who started a creative residency on September with second year students. The piece Aves will be presented at the show Les danses de la mi-chemin from December 9 to 12 at Tangente Danse.
- EDCM: Why are you moving?
- JN: We all move, without a reason, even in stillness the body is in movement. Why I dance? I don’t know. Because I am a dancer. Since I can remember I always have danced. It changed my life.
- EDCM: What is your creative process with the performers?
- JN: I ask dancers to be together but not identical and to own the movement phrases I give them. Those are basically the bases of the process ‘specifically’ for AVES.
- EDCM: In one word, what is Dance for you?
- JN: Intelligence
Photo: Nina Konjini